Spring to Summer: 7 Beauty Buys To Carry You Through
The slow change of seasons means different needs in your beauty routine, and lets face it, retail therapy via beauty products is just plain fun. Here are 7 products we can't live without this Spring that will take you clear into Summer and beyond. (click the images to shop)
1. Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Retexturizer. After the dead skin cell party your body's been throwing all Winter it's time to scrub it all away and become a new person (literally.) Roth's exfoliating products all get the job done, but we especially love this scrub for it's almond, apricot and mango oils.
2. St. Tropez Tanning Essentials Self-Bronzing Mousse. In this day and age self-tanning products border on the scientific side, with ever-improving formulas that are sometimes better than the real (UVA) thing. Sun damage and tanning beds are so outdated but with a quick trip to Sephora you can be bronzed up much quicker and safer! You can't go wrong with this best-selling St. Tropez formula that's as easy as rubbing in lotion (don't forget about what we just talked about…exfoliating makes all the difference.)
3. Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector. We're all tired of hearing about sunscreen but in reality it should be the one thing you can't live without (especially in the summer, duh.) This lightweight formula absorbs easily and isn't greasy at all--the two main culprits of avoiding the stuff. It also protects against harsh pollutants found in the air that age you over time. We can think of a few smoggy cities in CA where this might make the difference between botox at 25 or 35.
4. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. Every girl needs a great BB cream, especially when she's already 20 minutes late to dinner and barely dragging herself out of the pool. This barely-there formula will be your best friend this summer as you dodge heavy foundations and sweaty situations like a boss. Just rub it in like your normal moisturizer and
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch. This little golden pen is the ultimate pick-me-up whether you've been Spring Cleaning for 30 hours straight or partying the night before like Lindsey Lohan in Miami. A dual-action highlighter and luminizer loved by makeup artists everywhere that looks good in your purse- are we still trying to convince you?
6. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo. Dry Shampoo is appropriate for any season and sort of equivalent to magic (in our opinion.) Suitable for any hair type this spray takes any greasy oil out of your hair and leaves you with volume and body that will change your whole day, not to mention make you feel totally refreshed. Our tip? Buy the travel size to take with you throughout the day in your purse (or in that luggage for vacation.)
7. Miss Dior Hair Mist. The little-black-dress of fragrances, Miss Dior is the perfect scent for many occasions (whether that occasion is Easter Brunch or masking the lingering scent of cocktails from the night before…we won't judge.) And how awesome is it that Dior made a fragrance especially for your locks? No more drying alcohol on your fresh cut and color, just italian mandarin, rose absolute, and indonesian amber patchouli.
What are some products you can't live without as the weather starts to warm up? Make sure to let us know in the comments!