Gypsy Life: How To Save Your Skin While Traveling
Your skin demands survival tips when it comes to travel. Relaxed vibes on our skin care routine, different air pressure, climate change, stress, fatigue and social lighting can all take a toll on your skin. From road trips to flights, there are different strategies to help diffuse skin irritations and break outs. Saving face while you’re sky-high is a breeze with these ten skincare defenses!
1. Be A Moisturize Maniac - Apply intense moisturizer the night before you are going to fly. This will help increase hydration in your skin before you're exposed to the dehydrating effects of cabin pressure. Prep it and feel the effects!
2. Take a Pass On The Foundation - It's a grand idea to skip foundation on the day of your trip to prevent clogged pores. Instead wear only moisturizer. Before you land, add a tinted moisturizer for a fresh, healthy look. This will eliminate any heavy chemicals on your face which can acquire build up. Plus it's easy!
3. Get Blot Happy - To keep oily skin from getting out of control while traveling, bring blotting papers and dab the T-zone as often as necessary. Dab up the shine and excess oil without stripping out the moisture. Sounds like a good plan of attack!
4. Sweeten Your Lips - You can further protect your kisser by packing a lip treatment in your carry-on bag and using it liberally while traveling. A medicated lip balm is a plus because it won't rub your lipstick off and it keeps lips hydrated while flying. Moist lips are amazing, dry dehydrated lips are a total buzz kill. Pack in advance and keep this little token of lip love with you!
5. Embrace Your Naked Lashes - Avoid wearing mascara and eye creams while traveling to avoid smudges while taking a snooze.
6. Hands Off That Face - To minimize breakouts while you're on vacation, avoid touching your skin while you travel. There are tons of unknown bacteria your hands may pick up on your travel that can result in any number of skin problems after you arrive. Make sure to have anti-bacterial wipes on you!
7. Stay Close to Your Current Cleanser - If you can only take one skin care item from home, let it be your cleanser. We know how jam packed your overnight bag can get, but always stick with your routine cleanser. Because if you change it just for travel, this can disrupt skin's acid balance and cause a major vacation breakout. No thank you!
8. Beauty Z's - If you're going to nap on the plane, dab some super-rich night cream around your eyes and rock a sleep mask! Both will help you look fresher and more relaxed when you wake from your sleepy slumber.
9. Hand Cream Overload - A skin care staple! Note: Never leave home without your fave hand cream and use it liberally throughout the trip. This will not only keep your hands from drying out, but will definitely help with those harsh chemical-grade restroom soaps that can be super harsh on your hands.
10. Operation Grease Ball - Dry shampoo will soon become your new best friend. Cope with that greasy hair by using one that cleans and deodorizes hair and adds volume. An even better bet is to find one in a travel size with attached hair brush for ultimate glam on the go!