DIY Manic Monday Mask: Pumpkin Spice Mask
There are many benefits of a Pumpkin Spice Face Mask. Pumpkin is great for skin because it contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A and zinc and that its enzymes and antioxidants create an effect similar to an alpha-hydroxy treatment.
The clay is naturally soothing and helps exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. We recommend Bentonite clay. It's a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. This is a major beauty secret and healer for many things! It's simply amazing. You can pick some up at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Honey is soothing and nourishing to skin and makes a great gentle facial cleanser on its own. Its addition to this mask helps soften and brighten skin.
Cinnamon is also very high in antioxidants and adds a wonderful scent and slight warming action to this mask. (NOTE: A little goes a long way).
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin puree, fresh or canned (no added ingredients)
• 1 teaspoon raw honey
• 1/2 teaspoon bentonite clay
• 1/4 teaspoon or less cinnamon powder (optional- do not use on sensitive skin)
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Apply to face in a gentle, circular motion.
3. Leave on for 5 minutes and wash off with a warm, wet washcloth.
Voila! That's one happy pumpkin face.