LUX Be Pumpkins: Knife-Free Ideas
Jack-o-lanterns are often the starletts of Halloween crafts. And don't get us wrong, we are all about the art of carving... but between the slimy seeds, hand control, patterns and the danger of knives, it can def be a ball of stress! Keep in mind that there’s really no wrong way to decorate pumpkins — just have fun with it.
So here are 9 alternatives to slicing and dicing this Halloween with some killer knife-free pumpkin crafts to go off the grid and blaze a new pumpkin decorating trail!
1. Mummify - Super simple here. Wrap it up in a cinch with a decent length of gauze and a pair of craft-store googly eyes. Watch your mummy come to life!
2. MEOW! - Turn your pumpkins into black cats that prowl with black paint,
3. Glitter Bomb - Not much to say here but POOF glitter it up!
4. Rock Em' Out - Thumb Tacks, furniture nails or studs will do the trick for a RAD punk-in! Just paint the pumpkin with your desired matte color and write letters with a wax pencil and poke away. Keep your word short and sweet for best appearance and legibility. Nailed it!
5. Chalkboard - Cover your pumpkins in chalk paint and get creative with sayings or drawings that rep the Halloween spirit! And if you're really feeling frisky, add some gold paint first before applying the chalk paint. You're golden!
6. Fall Foliage Decoupage - This can be anything under the harvest moon. Leaves, paper, modpodge, oh my! It's a naturally brilliant idea.
7. Constellation - Go star gazing with your pumpkin and create the milky way or big dipper. Give it a twinkling twist with just a few materials.
8. Diorama - Create a howling display with a scene from a spooky movie or anything your imagination can drum up as a haunted terrarium!
9. Doughnut pumpkins - These are so YUM and so cute. Gather white pumpkins and paint the tops with a chocolatey coat or pink glaze and then master the art of sprinkles either by painting or using the real goodies!