LUX Get Pretty: For The Love Of Dry Shampoo
Sometimes your hair needs to express itself! A good hair pal for this is dry shampoo. Consider it like facial blotting papers, but for your hair. We hope that by now you know that washing your hair daily is bad for you. It strips away the natural oils that keep your hair healthy and moisturized. So for those that feel their oily hair needs some VA VA VOOM... in comes the super hero! Dry shampoo is an oil-absorbing powder, usually starch or talc-based, that absorbs excess dirt and grease in your hair without the use of water.
Below are some beautiful benefits:
1. It replaces a wash - No time to shampoo? The dry stuff soaks up grease and leaves a fresh scent, so hair looks and smells just-washed.
2. It makes your style last longer - These products preserve a blowout, which saves you time and money.
3. It volumizes limp strands (even bangs!) - Did you ever think it was possible to create instant fullness? Kiss winter hat hair goodbye.
4. It slows color fade - Since water and shampoo leach dye from hair, washing less means you can go longer between touch-ups. Cash saved. Score!
5. It minimizes damage - If you're shampooing less often, you're also using hot tools less often. The result: healthier hair. Another score!
6. You can use it whenever - Dry shampoo can be applied any time your hair needs a boost, but we like using it before bed: Hair will absorb it as you sleep and look refreshed in the morning. That's a solid plan of attack!
Lift and brush - In sections, lift dry strands of hair at the roots and apply dry shampoo sparingly near scalp. Brush through to hair's ends to distribute and blend. To add volume, lightly massage in product at roots.
Hone your technique - Using a spray? Hold bottle two to three inches away from scalp when misting to prevent clumping. A powder? Sprinkle it on near scalp and rub it in with fingers to break up the formula.
Despite its name, this wonder product isn't actually shampoo (there's no sudsing involved), but rather a spray or powder that cleanses hair via oil absorbers like starch and volumizes via ingredients like silica.