LUX Life Talk 101: Anti-Aging For The Soul
1. Stay Active - Buy a scooter, take a yoga class, make Zumba a part of your daily routine... just get out there and make it count! When we exercise we unlock parts of our minds and soul. The release we get from working out, from running or cycling or lifting weights or from doing Zumba, helps us to think more clearly about our lives and about our faith. It relieves stress, and gives us space to think-to take a break from the rat race and enjoy physical activity. It's all about making the most of every moment and living to the max! Some of us will never be cyclists or runners or swimmers. All of us can do something, though. And the more we test the limits of what we thought possible, the more we learn how to live.
2. Go to A Concert - Music is complete soul-food. There's no doubt that listening to your favorite song can instantly put you in a good mood. But scientists are now discovering that music can do more for you than just lift your spirits. Music speaks what cannot be expressed all while soothing the mind. Now throw a concert into the mix and you're immediately infused into new energy within a culture that is there to charge up and have a good time!
3. Dance Like Nobody Is Watching - To dance is to invigorate the mind, body and spirit! It unleashes the WILD WITHIN and allows us to be completely vulnerable. Dancing is a release, a way to channel our energy and express ourselves! The more you do it, the happier you will be.
4. Laugh Like There's No Tomorrow - Everyone knows that laughter makes you feel good and puts you in high spirits, but did you also know that laughter actually causes physiological responses that protect the body from disease and help your vital organs repair themselves? A good laugh can be compared to a mild workout, as it exercises the muscles, gets the blood flowing, decreases blood pressure and stress hormones, improves sleep patterns and boosts the immune system. So the next time you feel the stress levels rising, take a minute to think about the irony of the situation and allow yourself to laugh off the things you cannot control!
5. Spend Time With Friends - This is just a given. However, sometimes it's hard to stay active with friends when life starts to get busy. Make an effort to make a plan with pals to make sure that friend time is there. Surrounding yourself with the people that bring out the best in you and continue to give yourself something to look forward to with a friend, whether it's a coffee date or trip to the coast!
6. Do The Unexpected - Do something outside of your comfort zone! Splash around with learning something new and take the challenge.