LUX Travel: Tree House Inns
Be a kid again! Consider staying in one of California's exquisite tree house inns. There are quite a few unique tree house accommodations from Northern all the way to Southern California. Some of them offer an unforgettable escape for a honeymoon, anniversary, romantic getaway or relaxing vacation perched in the trees. Here are 6 we couldn't resist:
1. Star Redwood Tree house: This gorgeous tree house is built in a cathedral of redwoods in Central California, 10 minutes from the beaches of Santa Cruz. It was constructed from one fallen redwood tree, handcrafted and milled on site with all natural pine interior and oak flooring. This is the perfect getaway for two adults. Enjoy the sights and sounds of nature while sipping your morning cup of coffee or evening glass of wine on the deck. With a comfortable new queen bed and tiled bathroom with shower, this is a great place to come home to after a day at the beach or sightseeing on the coast.
2. Post Ranch Inn: Nestled on the cliffs of Big Sur, the Post Ranch tree houses are single structures built on stilts nine feet off the forest floor with a stairway to each entrance. Triangular in shape, each room features a bed, window seat, desk, fireplace, and skylight to watch the stars from bed. These rooms offer a luxurious opportunity for anyone who has ever dreamed of sleeping in the trees. With endless views of the Pacific Ocean in one direction and mountains in the other, the rest of the world seems blissfully far away at Post Ranch.
3. Redwood Tree house: This tree house, located in Healdsburg, is touted to be one of the most enchanting vacation rental homes in all California Wine Country. The charming main house and romantic "La Casita" guest cottage provide a wonderful riverside vacation retreat for 2-3 couples or families. The Healdsburg area boasts a dazzling array of river activities and wine-tasting options. Rafting and canoeing are popular, and the river in front of Redwood Tree House is clear and slow, making it ideal for swimming and floating.
4. Swallowtail Studios: Nestled in the Petaluma, California countryside, this authentic tree house is merely a beautiful drive away from wine country or San Francisco... that is, if you ever want to leave your canopied bed and incredible views.
5. Burlingame Bungalow: Located just 15 minutes from San Francisco, this cozy tree house can accommodate two people. Quaint and charming, the forest retreat has a deck, french doors, and beautiful stained-glass windows.
6. Treebones Resort Human Nest: Perched cliff side in Big Sur, you'll be as free as a songbird nestled in one of these magical things!