LUX Celebrate Fall: Best Euro Travel
There are endless things to delight in as soon as Fall hits (personally it's my favorite time of year)! Some day dream about freshly baked apple pies, ghoulish Halloween parties, magical pumpkin harvests and countless shades of gold that swirl around us on a crisp autumn morning. While others drool over the idea of a European escapade! A time of travel when prices are lower, crowds are smaller and festivals are plenty. With that in mind, here's a peek at some of the most desirable euro cities to explore this Fall. Take me awayyy!
1. Bavaria, Germany - For the wine lovers, this great escape is in Southern Germany and highlights a sea of Alpine forests that grace majestic color against mountains coated with silver snow. Catch Oktoberfest in addition to getting suited up for some breath taking hikes in the Alps! Sounds absolutely perfect, right? Or how about a romantic ride on horse-drawn carriage as you indulge in delicious wines at a Bavarian winery? And if castles are your thing, you can most definitely discover Neuschwanstein Castle,Burghausen Castle, Linderhof Palace and Nuremberg Castle.
2. Piedmont, Italy - My taste buds go totally WILD when seeing or hearing these words: Truffles, mushrooms, chestnuts and chocolate! Enough said, right? Well here's the thing -- autumn is peak season for food and wine in Italy and it’s also vineyard harvest time. Sounds like heaven on earth. Piedmont nestles right up to the Alps, so you can also get lost down hundreds of roads and trails that light up the sky with rich colors!
3. Dubrovnik, Croatia - You get all of that goodness in the photo above and at an affordable price! Me likey. This beautiful Croatian city sits along the Adriatic Coast and welcomes autumn with open arms without breaking the bank. What's cool about the weather is that it's still warm, but those summer crowds have vanished so you can majorly take advantage of your beach time! And after your bronze, get some colorful cardio in on a lush hike surrounded by exquisite scenes.
4. Cumbria, England - You know what has an awesome ring to it? England’s Lake District. Mix in one of the coolest pubs around like the Kirkstone Pass Inn and warm you palette with a glass of vino or hot cider. Fall in love with this area that's filled with incredible scenic beauty as it all comes to life with autumn zest. You can pretty much solve the word's problems on a leisurely stroll surrounded by warm hues and rolling hills. Especially loving the character of Grizedale Forest Park. It's home to green pines and copper beech trees that highlight the larger than life mountain views.
5. Transylvania, Romania - Now we're talkin! Transylvania has long been a place steeped in legend and magnificent imagery of medieval castles and mystical moonlight. Get vampy and take the 56-mile drive through the Fagaras Mountains, the highest mountains of the Southern Carpathians with over 20 peaks rising more than 8,000 feet, famous for its hairpin curves and breathtaking vistas of stunning autumn foliage.
Get creative with your trip as there are endless destinations and hidden gems to be explored, but hey... this is a great start! Feel inspired yet?