A Very Merry Vanderpump Christmas
LVP Sangria for the Holidays
LVP Sangria is the perfect drink for the holidays. LVP infuses traditional Spanish wines with rich fruits and spices, so that both LVP Red & Pink Sangria are decadent and laden with festive flavors.
LVP is easy to serve and fantastic on its own; however, it also makes for an amazing holiday mixer. Try LVP in one of our signature holiday cocktails for delicious, celebratory creations that are perfect this holiday season!
The LVP Pink Fizz
Celebrating? Why not dress up your LVP with some bubbles? An elegant, vibrant way to serve our LVP Pink Sangria, this cocktail is one of our favorites.
1 frozen raspberry
2 oz chilled LVP Pink Sangria 1 lemon wedge
2 oz chilled Champagne Lemon Twist
1. Place the frozen raspberry into a Champagne coupe.
2. Pour the Pink Sangria into the Champagne coupe.
3. Squeeze the lemon into the drink and stir.
4. Top with Champagne.
5. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Reminiscent of wintery mulled wine, The Brandywine is a cold version of the classic cocktail that highlights all of those delicious flavors for the holidays!
2 ripe orange slices
1⁄2 lemon, de-seeded
1 oz Grand Marnier or orange liqueur 3 oz LVP Red Sangria
1. Add 1 orange slice and the black- berries to a shaker.
2. Squeeze the lemon half over the fruit and muddle.
3. Add the orange liqueur and red sangria to the shaker,with ice.
4. Shake vigorously.
5. Pour into a wine glass and sprinkle
the top with cinnamon.
Merry & Bright: The Best Holiday Décor
Holiday décor to me means rooms brimming with hospitality, the scent of pinecones and cinnamon, twinkling candles, wreaths sprinkled with white snow and a flickering fireplace. There’s nothing better than an overstuffed home that just exudes warmth and coziness at this time of year ... the perfect place to cuddle up and celebrate with your friends and family!
I joined forces with two of my favorite Los Angeles-based companies to bring you some of my favorite holiday looks! Working with my go- to intimate event-planning company, A Merry Riot, we styled these looks with items from décor sanctuary, Haven & Co., in Brentwood.
All items are available to purchase at Haven & Co. 11965 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 with prices listed below. To find out more about A Merry Riot visit www.AMerryRiot.com
Joyeux Noël: Traditional Grace
I love this look, as it is the epitome of the holidays. Warm, rich and vibrant, this look is the perfect combination of traditional elegance and modern chic.
Items featured in photos available at Haven & Co.: Ralph Lauren Glasses $50, Juliska flatware $145, Juliska dot napkin $29, Juliska tuxedo napkin ring $24, table cloth $65-175, Michael Aram gold plate $82, Kim Seybert Charger $54, Deborah Rhodes pine cone, $29, Vietri bowl $29, Rosso Vecchio serving bowl $141, striped ornaments $21, Annie Glass candle holder $47, berry spray $16.
Silver Bells: Festive Elegance
This look is perfect for someone who wants a gorgeous, festive feel but needs a more neutral color palette than the traditional red and green, to complement their home. I love the blend of silver and gold–it’s warm, special and extremely beautiful!
Items featured in photos available at Haven & Co.: Bodrum table cloth $130, Juliska gold nap- kin $22, Kim Seybert white napkin $30, Deborah Rhodes gold charger $49, Michael Aram silver plate $51, Caskata gold floral plate $45, Michael Aram pear set $100, Match pewter bowl $300, Apple spray $16, Vietri old-fashioned glass $65, Vietri stemware $28, Godinger salt & pepper set $27.50, Ralph Lauren crystal votive $125, Match silver cake stand $330, Baccarat crystal candlesticks $435.
Waiting for Santa: Warm & Cozy
There’s nothing better than snuggling up in front of the fire with hot chocolate or a glass of red wine during the holiday, and this look is perfect for it! Don’t be afraid to use unusual items in your tablescapes; here, a cozy knit blanket adds texture and warmth for a really special display.
Items featured in photos available at Haven & Co.: Kennebunkpoet blanket $212, Match pewter tray $360, Gien France sugar caddy $110, Gien France bowl $74, Gien France mug $50, Match pewter hurricanes $150, Illume gilded candle $80, Juliska napkin rings $88 for set of 4, red decorative spray $16-22, Rosanna cake stand $75, Match honey pots $140, Vietri red bowl $55.
Chewy Chocolate Christmas Cookies
Chewy, rich and delicately-covered with powdered sugar, these cookies not only taste amazing but also look like they have just been in a wintery snowfall. Easy to make and essential for any holiday party, these cookies are the perfect gift to leave out for Santa! Enjoy!
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate 1⁄4 cup salted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup icing sugar
1. Place a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Add the butter and baking chocolate to the bowl and heat
it over the water, stirring constantly, until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.
3. In a stand mixer, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar and beat for about 4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the chocolate/butter mixture into the stand mix- er and beat until everything is combined.
5. Add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder into the stand mixer and mix until all ingredients are combined.
6. With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until the
dough is hard enough to be able to form into balls.
8. Preheat the oven to 325 ̊.
9. Butter and flour 2 baking sheets.
10. Place the icing sugar in a separate bowl.
11. Carefully roll a rounded tablespoon of dough in your hands
until you have formed a ball. Drop the ball into the pow-
dered sugar, and roll to coat.
12. Place the powdered cookie ball on the baking sheet. Repeat
with all the dough, spacing cookies about 3 inches apart. 13. Bake for about 15 minutes. When ccookies are one, they will appear fluffy and crackled.
Smoked Salmon Blinis
These delectable little bite-size treats are the answer for any holiday gathering. Perfect hors d’oeuvres for a holiday soirée or as a quick snack before your giant festive Christmas dinner, these little guys do not disappoint! Enjoy!
1 package mini Blinis (available at most cheese stores or specialty food stores)
1 package Smoked Salmon or Lox, sliced into inch-size pieces
1 small container of Crème Fraîche 1 package (about 40) chives, sliced Lemon wedge
1. Squeeze the lemon lightly over the salmon.
2. Lay out your blinis on a serving tray.
3. Top each blini with a piece or two of
4. Top each piece of salmon with a small
teaspoon of the crème fraîche. 5. Sprinkle a few chives on top.
Spiced Chocolate Chai Martini
This is a rich, decadent martini that is perfect for the holiday season. With a base of whiskey and spiced chai, a hint of chocolate and the creaminess of Irish cream, this is wintery and downright delicious. Not as sweet as your usual chocolate martini, this sexy spiced drink will warm your bones and get you in the holiday spirit in no time!
2 oz Rye Whiskey
2 oz Chocolate Chai Latte Splash Irish Cream liqueur Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Add the Rye Whiskey, the Chocolate Chai Latte and the Irish Cream to a shaker.
2. Add ice.
3. Shake vigorously.
4. Strain into a martini glass.
5. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spic
Peppermint White Chocolate Martini
What better way to celebrate this wonderful holiday season than by sipping on a fabulously festive cocktail? This recipe is reminiscent of all things Christmas: white chocolate, peppermint and candy canes. Just be careful— it might taste delectably drinkable, but it’s almost 100% alcohol!
(Makes 1 martini)
1 large or 4 small candy canes (reserve 1 small one for garnish!)
1 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
1 oz Crème de Cacao
1 oz Vodka
1 tsp peppermint extract Ice
1. In a pestle and mortar or food pro- cessor, crush the candy canes into a chunky sugar mixture. Spread the candy cane sugar onto a plate.
2. Lightly brush a wet paper towel around the rim of your martini glass. Once the lip is wet, transfer the upside-down martini glass to the candy-cane sugar plate, and twist until the entire rim is coated.
3. In a shaker, add the white chocolate liqueur, vodka, crème de cacao, peppermint extract and ice.
4. Shake vigorously.
5. Strain into the martini glass.
6. We like to hang a mini candy cane
on the side of the glass for an added festive touch. Enjoy!