Bridal Shower Bites: Two Easy & Elegant Hors d’Oeuvres
Prosciutto & Honeydew Skewers
A take on the Mediterranean classic, these little skewers are visual and flavorful. I like to use honeydew instead of cantaloupe, as the color combo is so pretty!
1 honeydew melon
4 oz thinly sliced Prosciutto Olive Oil
1. Cut the melon into bite sized pieces.
2. Roll up strips of the Prosciutto.
3. Place a toothpick into each piece of
Prosciutto and then add the melon.
4. Set on a plate, drizzle with olive oil and
crack black pepper over the top. 5. Garnish with basil and rose petals.
Smoked Salmon on Pumpernickel with Herb Crème Frâiche
I would eat these every day — they are light, bright and perfect for tray passing! The flavor of fresh summer herbs takes these to another level!
1 package smoked salmon
1 package pumpernickel bread ‘Cocktail Slices’ 3⁄4 lemon, sliced
1 small crème frâiche
1 handful each of fresh basil and dill
Dill to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 250 ̊. Place the pumpernickel on a baking sheet and lightly toast for five minutes.
2. Open the salmon and squeeze half of your lemon over the top.
3. Dice the herbs and add to the crème frâiche. Squeeze a 1⁄4 lemon into the mixture and stir until combined.
4. Spread herbs and crème frâiche over the bread slices.
5. Top with salmon slices.
6. Garnish with another dollop of the herb
and crème frâiche, a piece of dill and cracked black pepper.