Lux Get Hungry: Baby-Sized Appetizer Ideas
Baby-sized always means cute! Plus being able to get creative with a mini, bite-sized appetizer will make your guests swoon. We dish up three easy and delishh ideas below. Check them out and make them the hit of your next gathering!
Mini-Grilled Cheese Sannies: Let's face it, these are the perfect party snack. Dress them up or keep it casual. Either way, your guests will love this tasty appetizer! And paired with a shot glass of tomato soup and you're as good as gold. Easy, yummy, creative and cute! Recipe... self explanatory.
Shrimp Taco Bites - They’re super addictive and the perfect finger food appetizer for any gathering! The combination of the creamy avocado, smoky sour cream and the zippy chili-lime shrimps on top of that crunchy little chip is like a party in your mouth. Once you pop, the fun don't stop.
24 large raw shrimps, peels and tails removed
Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray
• 1 tsp salt, divided
• 1 tsp grated lime zest, + juice 1 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 1 large California Avocado, diced
• ⅓ cup sour cream
• 1 tsp chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely minced
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
• 24 tortilla chip scoops
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet or cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray, set aside.
3. Combine ½ tsp salt, lime zest, and chili powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the raw shrimp. Lay the shrimp on the cookie sheet and spritz with the non stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the shrimps turn pink and curl in on themselves.
4. Meanwhile combine the diced avocado, lime juice and remaining ½ tsp salt in a small bowl.
5. Combine the sour cream and minced chipotle pepper in a different small bowl.
6. Assemble your shrimp taco bites by placing a tsp of avocado mixture in a tortilla chip, followed by a ½ tsp of sour cream mixture, then top with a chili-lime shrimp.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Mini Caprese Salad Bites - A universal fave and most served in the most elegant way. The perfect appetizer for a party, or just simply because! And they're sooo cute.
- 2 cups mini bocconcini pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- a bunch of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a small skillet add the balsamic vinegar and cook over medium heat until it reduced to less than half and thickened. Make sure you stir occasionally. It should only take about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the amount you're reducing.
2. Take a toothpick and on it stick a bocconcini, a basil leaf and a cherry tomato. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. Season with garlic salt and pepper to taste
4. Using a teaspoon drizzle some of the balsamic reduction onto each appetizer.