Behind The Wheel: Autumn Road Trips
1. Centrally Grown - Taste your way through Centrally Grown Harvest. Perched up on a cliff in Cambria, this whimsical ocean-side paradise is a little slice of heaven. With serene spa music that greets you and swirls around artistic landscape in the mornings, to Lana Del Rey echoing throughout the swaying trees in the afternoon. Gourmet food (market style), wood-fire pizza and gorgeous surroundings await you and make you feel one with Mother Nature. Dine at their divine Guest Nest, listen to live music, lounge in their many eccentric chairs while lanterns from every decade are poised above you, sip on some wine from their satellite bar, play some bocce ball and R-E-L-A-X Centrally Grown style. Edible gardens, ocean view patios, custom sculptures and sustainable water features are just a few of the elements that make Centrally Grown unique.
2. Big Sur - Fall under the misty coast spell and go to the edge of the earth. From camping, glamping, slumber parties in a yurt to fine dining and resort vacations... Big Sur has something for everyone. The hiking, beach views, hot springs, sights, sounds, star gazing and overall experience makes this spot one of the most breath taking places on the planet. It's a 90-mile stretch of California coast where the Santa Lucia Mountains plunge into the Pacific Ocean south of Monterey. Go have a love affair with the rugged beauty and quirky charm of Big Sur.
3. Carmel - Get cozy in California’s most charming little storybook city. Shopping, wine tasting, fine dining, golf and adventuring through Carmel will leave your spirit refreshed and heart happy. All of the shops are stocked with beautiful finds and the adorable fairy tale like hotels will make you feel like you're in a dream. The foggy chill that surround the seaside city welcome Autumn with open arms!
4. Shaver - Fall colors and autumn lakeside chill sounds pretty perfect. Mountains, cabins and serene lake views will welcome this new season. The High Sierras are right in our backyard and provide a zen atmosphere for a beautiful drive or outdoor experience. Jump in the car and cruise up!
5. SoCal’s Anza-Borrego Desert - Gaze at the galactic core of the Milky Way in this Shangri-La. Just over the Santa Rosa Mountains, among the 600,000 wilderness acres lies the land of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Anza-Borrego has a stunning showcase of a stark and idiosyncratic ecosystem. Within the park, which occupies much of eastern San Diego County, frosted summits, towering above 8,000 feet, drop steeply to sun-baked basins, offering glimpses of mesas, eroded canyons and dry lake beds.